Bolog

Hello dear passer-by. Here some of my latest works. If there is one word to describe these works, it is monk's work, somebody told me. Go ahead and have a look, I'll update it everytime there is something interesting brewing. Have a nice day. Bo

Monday, November 27, 2006

At last

Hello and welcome back. Once more I started the thing i call klooien, and there were and still are quite a few projects that need some geklooi. The good news is that I have some new stuff to show the curious ones among you, and ofcourse I will tell something about the things you are seeing, so here is the update on the clay-adventure. Miraculously enough after I opened the plastic bags I found that the clay was not cracked and all dried out, after being neglected for months on end.
I changed some minor things, bought silicon goo to make the mold with, and after that dried i made a second support-mold so that the silicon would not deform when I'd fill it with any compound. So the first pic is of the mold after I cleaned it a little:










The next day I just wanted to see wether the mold would loose from the cast without the use of release-spray (some kind of wax); the mold is made of silicon, so I hoped nothing, not even epoxy, would hold on it. Thank god it turned out all beautifully right, the only thing was that the epoxy I used was very thick, so lots of bubbles in the cast. The good thing is tho that the mold is still intact, so there is the possibillity of more than 1 cast. The next pic is the first cast, after some repares, drying after which i will sand it and do a second round of repares and sanding, etc etc. When I'm content I'll make a second mold of the cast and that will be almost perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home