Bolog

Hello dear passer-by. Here some of my latest works. If there is one word to describe these works, it is monk's work, somebody told me. Go ahead and have a look, I'll update it everytime there is something interesting brewing. Have a nice day. Bo

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Something else

The thing is that the clay-adventure is taking too long. Everytime I look at it it is more and more awfull, the need to destroy it against the amount of time I already put in it is just not enough, but I can assure u that I can start dreaming smashing that big old hammer right into the forehead any time now. Enough about the clay now, i have a week with quite some time so HOPEfully I'll be able to do something with it that makes it worth the while after all. Also I've been bussy in a friends house, and more or less finished (for now). As a piece de resistance I build something, some shelves. Not fully finished yet, but I have to wait for the plaster to dry, before i can sand it, repair a little here and there, paint it and put on top of each shelf a thin layer of epoxy. So the next three pics are:

This is halfway, or actually a little later. The building of the thing took some time, as every shelf has it's own halogen fixture. Pics of before and halfway the build i might ad later, but don't have em at the mo. The second topmost shelves are plastered already.
















__________________________________________

On the next one u see it finished, as it is now. The plastering was ok, but had a little prob with the edges. Little pieces broke off, and also the inner hollows tend to get a lill edgy in the back of the shelf, as the bend gets tighter and altogether vanishes about halfway. Have to do some sanding especially there. When it IS finished WITH the epoxy and all that ofcourse there will be additional pics.














_______________________________________


This last pic I want to show because as u can probably not see it on the other pics, the little halogen lights. Not that they are really obvious in this pic, but u can see the little white spot, and, when u look closely, on the bottom shelf there is a slightly lighter spot. The gypsum is still wet, and even dry it is kinda grey, but they will give enough light once it's painted and the epoxy is in.When it's dark it looks kinda cool, comes to life. Wicked shadows cast on the wall and floor, it's all good. Thinking of a name .... mammoth, submarine, ribcloset, ribshelf .... another shelf.....what is this shit......getting tired of all these idears for "just another shelf again", One might ask wether my whole life evolving around the production of shelves. I am thinking that sometimes anyway, and I don't know wether that is a good thing, altho I'm kinda proud of most of the things I make, well, the ones I show lill ol u's anyway.





That'll be all. Need a shower pretty badly, clean clothes and soome food.
Ajo & have a nice day
Bo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home